Sunday, June 07, 2009

Toughest of the tough....but still a lady...

Well another week has come and gone. I can't believe that it is June! I am almost half way through the year. And I am feeling ok about 2009. I have only had one trainwreck of a "relationship" thus far...which is good considering that by this point last year I was in the middle of my third. So props to that.

I am excited for summer cause that means it is the season for Performances in the Park. Last year I started organizing little aucoustic shows that we played in various parks in the community. Last year we did two fantastic shows and at the end of this month I have the third one in the works. I am excited for music, oh how I love it! So if you are looking something to do on June 27th I'll keep you posted and you can come out and listen.

Along with that I have been invited to go up and sing at this little art/aucoustic night up in Calgary in July. Kind of nervous about it but at the same time excited I think it is going to be a lot of fun. My girlfriend Kara is part of the group organizing it so thanks to her I get to be a part of it all. Which means I should start practicing it up.

Another thing that I plan on co-organizing with my lovely friend Jenny sometime next month, is a classey sort of cabaret night. I sing a lot for funny times but I think it would be nice to sit down at a piano and sing mellow songs with low lighting while the audience sips on funny little drinks. I did learn how to play California and am itching to play it for an audience. Though I could never fully do the wonderful Ms. Sarah Slean justice.

Really, I have decided that my answer to my problem that has been keeping me awake at night is to keep busy. I need things to focus on, other than my potential downfall. I was such a mess when he left last time. I am in no rush to go back to being that girl. I need to remember that,and forget everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home